Here at the Tin Box, we just realized that it's Earth Day! As we consciously strive to respect our planet and its resources every single day, we thought we would share a few of our everyday efforts to reduce our impact on the environment.
1. We source products from many local designers and manufacturers, thereby reducing the environmental effects of transporting products to our store as well as supporting our local economy. Might we add, this also means that we can offer you many unique handmade products available exclusively locally. Although brands vary slightly by store, some of the Albertan brands we offer include Cloud+Lolly, Nik Naks, Susan Dean, Aimee Z, Derek Alexander, and many many more!
2. While we absolutely support you bringing in your reusable bags when shopping at the Tin Box, if you don't, all of our store bags are made of paper! Paper bags not only have less impact on the environment than their plastic counterparts, they are also handy for reuse when storing potatoes and onions!
3. We reuse as much of the materials that our products are wrapped in when being shipped as possible. And, that which cannot be resused, we recycle.
4. All of our stores are located in walking-friendly areas!
5. Almost all of the cleaning products we use in our stores are environmentally friendly, preventing the release of harsh chemicals into our envoronment.
Happy Earth Day!